WRITING IS THE CONCIOUS MIND'S WAY OF TRICKING THE SUBCONCIOUS TO REVEAL ITS SECRETS

My photo
As a top-ranking Amazon author, Judy Howard’s writing career expands across many genres –– memoir, romance thriller, travel, reality-fiction, and young adult and –– but the theme is always the same –– overcoming life’s difficulties. Following her two passions, traveling and writing, Judy Howard and her cat Sportster have experienced many adventures as they traveled across country in a Winnebago. Described as an inspiration and a firecracker, Howard has earned her titles as Motivational Speaker and Writing and Marketing Expert. When Judy is not traveling, she resides in southern Oregon in the coastal town of Brookings, Oregon with Sportster’s ‘Grieving Gift,’ Sneaker Wave.

Sunday, March 10, 2024

Shine a light on your shadows

Meet Cynthia Paulsen. 



Last year Cynthia Paulsen, a new resident to Brookings, Oregon, a New Thought minister, and a delightful person enrolled in my seminar series at the Brookings Southwestern Community College titled, What Makes A Good Story?  She is also an author. Be sure to check out her latest book, Undoing The Knots.

 A couple months ago I mentioned to Cynthia that I was in agony from a severe case of shingles.

 “You should let me do a spiritual treatment for you,” Cynthia said. “You know that’s what I do?”

I   smiled but shrugged at her offer. Not that I don’t believe in that sort of thing – because I do. But trying something new? We all struggle with that don’t we?  And really, what is a spiritual treatment anyway? Is it just a bunch of woo woo?

A week later when the misery from my shingles became relentless, I surrendered. I didn’t know what to expect, or what was involved in a spiritual treatment, but I was ready to try anything.

 

So, Cynthia Paulsen to my rescue.  Her Spiritual treatment Involved first a consultation and questions.  No touching. No needles or massages.  

“How do you feel about your Shingles?

“It has beaten me down until I don’t have the strength to even hate it anymore.” I whined.

“Do you think you’re experiencing any stress in your life?" I proudly said no. But with more questions I was surprised to admit that I probably did.

I had applied to teach writing at Pelican Bay Prison which housed the worst of the worst. Although I was not worried about the prisoners themselves, I worried about the stories I would hear and my ability to handle the emotional content. I also had several people in my life who annoyed me even though I pretended they didn’t.

After more questions she told me to just relax in a chair. I choose to lie down on my couch. 

“If it’s comfortable you can close your eyes,” she said.

I did and then began to listen to Cynthia do an affirmation that was personal to my feelings about my shingles and my stress.

That was it. I felt relaxed. My pain of the shingles seemed to have lessened but was not gone. But every day, after slowly my health improved. Nay sayers might argue I was on the other side of my recovery and the treatment had nothing to do with it. But the awareness she awakened within me absolutely blew me away. From her treatment and again that night when I listened to a guided meditation, I discovered shadows from my past that I didn't know were haunting me

Thank you, Cynthia Paulsen! I am forever grateful!

I cannot survive, if you don’t thrive.

We are all connected.

Click on the link below to find out more about Judy's books.


To find out more about Cynthia click below on the link to her webpage.


.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CHASE, CATCH &RELEASE YOUR DREAM

Shine a light on your shadows

Meet Cynthia Paulsen.  Last year Cynthia Paulsen, a new resident to Brookings, Oregon, a New Thought minister, and a delightful person enrol...